Be a Teaching Artist: Come Audition Thursday, Oct. 26!
September 2, 2016
Teaching Artists are the lifeblood of our program, our most valuable asset. To ensure unity of purpose and intention, all prospective teachers are trained extensively in the Dulaine Method incorporating the programs’ 20 lesson syllabus, classroom management skills, and curricular integration. The next audition will be held:
Thursday, Oct. 26, 2017 from 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Arthur Murray Plainview
443 South Oyster Bay Road
Plainview, NY 11803
To download an application: 2017 TA Application
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant Requirements for Dancing Classrooms LI Teaching Artist Training Program:
1) Must be available to attend an intensive five-day training course taught by Dancing Classrooms Global Network Program Director Rodney Lopez, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Nov. 13-17, 2017 at Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave. (36th-37th Sts.), 16th floor.
2) Must attend two classroom management sessions held in 2018 at a location TBA on Long Island.
3) Serve as a Teaching Assistant for a minimum of one 20 lesson residency course.
4) Teaching experience and/or experience working in public school settings preferred.
5) Must be available between the hours of 7:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday for teaching in public and private schools September through June.
6) Fingerprinting clearance with the NYS Dept. of Education required.
7) Must have a car, car insurance, and willing to drive between Nassau and Suffolk County.
8) Must live in Nassau or Suffolk County.
Qualities and skills vital for every Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artist:
- Have the ability to command a room and engage children;
- Possess rhythm and display love of movement;
- Have exemplary professional conduct and administrative skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Able to work in a team setting and in a classroom setting;
- Have an understanding of children’s classroom dynamics and how to manage behavior;
- Have a generous spirit, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Have an attitude of life-long learning and ability to accept feedback.