Be A Teaching Artist
Teaching Artists are the lifeblood of our program, our most valuable asset. To ensure unity of purpose and intention, all prospective teachers are trained extensively in the Dulaine Method incorporating the programs’ 20 lesson syllabus, classroom management skills, and curricular integration. Auditions are usually held twice a year. Stay tuned for details on the next audition.
To download an application, click here.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Applicant Requirements for Dancing Classrooms LI Teaching Artist Training Program:
1) Must be available to attend the intensive five-day training course taught by Dancing Classrooms Global Network Program Director Rodney Lopez as follows: Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Location: Dancing Classrooms NYC, 25 West 31st Street, 4th floor; NY, NY.
2) Must attend two classroom management sessions held at times TBA in the fall of 2017 at a location TBA on Long Island.
3) Serve as a Teaching Assistant for a minimum of one 20 lesson residency course.
4) Teaching experience and/or experience working in public school settings preferred.
5) Must be available between the hours of 7:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday for teaching in public and private schools September through June 2016-17.
6) Fingerprinting clearance with the NYS Dept. of Education required.
7) Must have a car, car insurance, and willing to drive between Nassau and Suffolk County.
8) Must live in Nassau or Suffolk County.
Qualities and skills vital for every Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artist:
- Have the ability to command a room and engage children;
- Possess rhythm and display love of movement;
- Have exemplary professional conduct and administrative skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Able to work in a team setting and in a classroom setting;
- Have an understanding of children’s classroom dynamics and how to manage behavior;
- Have a generous spirit, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Have an attitude of life-long learning and ability to accept feedback.