BE A TEACHING ARTIST
Teaching Artists are the lifeblood of our program, our most valuable asset. To ensure unity of purpose and intention, all prospective teachers are trained extensively in the Dulaine Method incorporating the programs’ 20 lesson syllabus, classroom management skills, and curricular integration.
Dancing Classrooms Long Island seeks Teaching Artists who demonstrate:
• The belief that every child can learn and excel, regardless of his/her shape, size, family situation or ethnic background
• A passion for dance and creative expression that is easily communicated to, and contagious among, children
• Self confidence in his/her dance and artistic abilities
• High expectations for what every child can achieve through the program
• An ability to express him/herself verbally in such a way that deserves attention
• An understanding of children’s classroom dynamics and how to manage behavior
• Flexibility and a good sense of humor
Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artists are: actors, dancers, individuals who can move with rhythm; have excellent interpersonal skills; love kids; able to work in a team; work in a classroom; have a generous spirit; a sense of humor, of language, of rhythm; willingness to travel to Nassau and/or Suffolk County. Once Teaching Artists achieve certification, you are required to be fingerprinted with New York State Department of Education. We contract Teaching Artists, paid on an hourly basis and not as full-time employees. Employment is during the school year, between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:00pm.
Interested in applying to be a Teaching Artist?