INTERVIEWS NOW BEING SCHEDULED:
To be considered for this job, please complete the online application linked below.
For more information, contact us.
Applicant Requirements for Dancing Classrooms LI Teaching Artist Training Program:
1) Must be available to attend an intensive five-day training course taught in NYC, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. from Nov. 12-16, 2018.
2) Must attend two classroom management sessions held in 2018 at a location TBA on Long Island.
3) Serve as a Teaching Assistant for a minimum of one 20 lesson residency course.
4) Teaching experience and/or experience working in public school settings preferred.
5) Must be available between the hours of 7:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday for teaching in public and private schools September through June.
6) Fingerprinting clearance with the NYS Dept. of Education required.
7) Must have a car, car insurance, and willing to drive between Nassau and Suffolk County.
8) Must live in Nassau or Suffolk County.
Qualities and skills vital for every Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artist:
- Ability to command a room and engage children;
- Rhythm and display love of movement;
- Exemplary professional conduct and administrative skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team setting and in a classroom setting;
- Understanding of children’s classroom dynamics and how to manage behavior;
- Generous spirit, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Attitude of lifelong learning and the ability to accept feedback.