INTERVIEWS NOW BEING SCHEDULED:
To be considered for this job, please complete the online application linked below.
For more information, contact us.
Applicant Requirements for Dancing Classrooms LI Teaching Artist Training Program:
1) Must be available to attend an intensive, five-day training course.
2) Must attend two classroom management sessions held in 2019 at a location TBA on Long Island.
3) Serve as a Teaching Assistant for a minimum of one 20 lesson residency course.
4) Teaching experience and/or experience working in public school settings preferred.
5) Must be available between the hours of 7:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday for teaching in public and private schools September through June.
6) Fingerprinting clearance with the NYS Dept. of Education required.
7) Must have a car, car insurance, and willing to drive between Nassau and Suffolk County.
8) Must live in eastern Queens, Nassau or Suffolk County.
Qualities and skills vital for every Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artist:
- Ability to command a room and engage children;
- Rhythm and display love of movement;
- Exemplary professional conduct and administrative skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team setting and in a classroom setting;
- Understanding of children’s classroom dynamics and how to manage behavior;
- Generous spirit, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Attitude of lifelong learning and the ability to accept feedback.